SRC (VHF) Assessment – Central Guildford
Select your preferred date and time slot below. Available dates are highlighted in green.
Location: Central Guildford
Our fabulous facilities at Central Guildford.
We use an office at the bottom of Guildford High Street. There’s easy access, plenty of parking and tea & coffee available. It’s only a 5-minute walk from Guildford railway station.
SRC (VHF) Exams are booked in 3-hour slots and each slot has a maximum of 3 candidates.
Free tea & coffee are available throughout your time at the assessment centre.
- Check-In: When you arrive, you will check in to the assessment
- Familiarisation: You will have access to the radios in use for your examination giving you plenty of time for familiarisation with the equipment
- Practical Assessment: The assessor will ask you to demonstrate some radio scenarios
- Written Exam: There’s a short (30min) multiple-choice exam paper to complete
- Administration: All necessary paperwork is completed, ready for processing
Once you have successfully completed the examination, the paperwork is sent to the RYA for processing. You will not get your SRC certificate on the day of the exam, it can take up to 21 days to process your license.
If you need your license urgently, there is a fast track processing service for an additional fee of £38*, payable to the RYA. Please make the Assessor aware that you want fast track processing once you have completed your exam.
* Fast track processing fees are reduced for RYA Members. £21.00 if you are a Standard RYA member, £16.00 if you are an Accredited member, and £10.00 if you are a Gold member. Life members are free.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.